advice | Mortgage
guide | Mortgage glossary
- not in employment or receiving any regular salary; not self-employed.
(Could be receiving state benefits.)
- see accident, sickness and unemployment insurance
- (ASU). Insurance cover arranged by the borrower to protect
against inability to meet mortgage payments.
This cover should more accurately be described as accident sickness
and redundancy insurance as unemployment cover is generally seriously
restricted to cover only events that are entirely beyond the control
of the insured person. Typical exclusions include dismissal following
professional misconduct and any act of voluntary redundancy. The
accident and sickness cover will also be subject to major restrictions
such as any act of self-injury or any injury related to the use
of alcohol or drugs.
- property that is owned without borrowing or other legal charge
- a form of with-profits endowment which gives
the insurer the ability to adjust, in certain circumstances, the
value of bonuses already allocated in certain circumstances.
- - investments purchased within a collective investment fund, the
price of which is denominated by the underlying value of the investments
within the fund.
Courtesy of UKMortgageangels.co.uk